I’ve always been a big fan of history – but I never could deal with long, complicated and intertwined date-filled text. So I’m always looking for alternatives, especially for somewhat recent history. And this page I found on Colonial America offers exclusive information on the upcoming Battles of Lexington and Concord anniversary. It’s about the American Revolution and it’s a new, interactive way through which you can learn a bit of history while spending time on a quality, engaging platform.
How Can I Learn About the American Revolution?
For starters, you can trick yourself into believing history isn’t ‘cool’ by getting overwhelmed when you encounter standard history textbooks. Or you can use the web to help you come up and find more interesting and a lot more engaging ways through which you can learn about your favorite historic moments.
The Colonial America page about the Battles of Lexington and Concord offers a great way through which you can learn all about it: it allows you to interact with a map! You can get to navigate through all the important sites of these battles, get more info on each and every one and even get websites dedicated to those memorable places. But it doesn’t stop there, as you’ll also have exclusive access to things like:
- News articles about Colonial and even Early America!
- An interactive map (powered by Google Maps) which allows you to find your favorite sites and gain more in-depth knowledge and facts about them;
- Videos also available for sites, further increasing interactivity with the material;
- A free to use travel tool that allows you to take a few minutes and set up a travel itinerary from the comfort of your home!
- Exclusive access to items related to Colonial American, Early America and the American Revolution like books, guides, art, auctions, videos and music. Purchases and sales are processed through eBay.
So if you’re looking to expand your horizons on the American Revolution, the Battles of Lexington and Concord and get a general knowledge base concerning Colonial America, then this is definitely the page for you!