Winter in Michigan can be a beautiful experience! That is, until the pipes freeze in your home or underground and burst. Suddenly you are faced with a plumbing emergency!
Is your residential plumbing insulated for harsh winter weather? Are there any vermin deterrents in place to keep rodents from breaching your sewer pipes? There are a several ways that working with a professional plumber can help save you time and money now, and in the future.
Plumbers Downriver have been in the community for years and know the lay of the land, the weather patterns and type of issues most common to the area when it comes to residential plumbing.
Plumbing Situations like:
Backed up drains
Sewer line repair
Plumbers Downriver are experts in all of these situations and have plumbing technicians on call 24/7 for any middle of the night emergencies. Here are some suggestions to help you prepare your home for a plumbing emergency:
How to Avoid Flooding Basement:
- Keep a sump pump on hand for emergencies
- Have several sand bags at the ready for just in case
- Clean your gutters every Spring and Fall to avoid run off
- Be sure the lawn grading is done correctly and tilts away from home
How to Prevent Drains from Blocking or Backing Up
- Do not put greasy or oily substances in drain
- Use a hair trap in all drains to prevent a hair clog
- Regularly clean the drain to prevent a build up
Sewer Line Repair
- Use an enzyme cleaner monthly to keep your lines clear
- As a homeowner, it is your responsibility to maintain a level sewer line
- Avoid flushing “flushable” toilet wipes because they quickly clog the line and break it
Now that you know preventative care for your residential plumbing – yet – are experiencing a plumbing problem now, it’s easy to get the lines fixed and flowing.
Simply call the licensed, bonded, insured plumbing professionals at Plumbers Downriver. Insurance claims are welcome and payment plans are possible.
Get started now with a phone call to: (734) 548-9925 or visit on the web at: https://plumbersdownriver.com/